Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy Birthday Baby! Confessions of a proud husband and daddy

Today is August 6th. Forty years ago today, God enabled the birth of my beautiful wife Angela.  Almost twenty years ago, He introduced us and allowed us to fall in love.  Twelve years ago this past May 26th I was blessed to marry that beautiful, sweet woman and commit to a LOOOONG life together :-)  Of  course, we still have our ups and down as any marriage does, but I am blessed with an innovative, smart, crazy wife who is also a super-loving, giving, crazy mom.

She has no idea how valuable her many traits and talents are or just how valued she is by everyone in her life. Everyone I know that meets Angie is blessed by her presence.  Her big caring heart. Her sweet spirit and big smile.  Her massive, extremely loud, ridiculously piercing soprano voice.  Oh, I digress.  Anyway, I have never heard anyone say they did not like her.  Her opinion of herself is much lower than the opinion that others have of her.  She is a beautiful person through and through and it is evident to anyone who meets her.
Her contributions to our family and household are invaluable to me and I don't know how I would do it without her.

Through the years I have had the privilege of seeing beautiful relationships and witnessing heartbreaking divisions.  We have had plenty of opportunities to find an excuse to quit, but we haven't.  I certainly provide my share of challenges and yet through it all she is there by my side loving me, forgiving me, and encouraging me.  I praise God for a helpmate that has blessed me by remaining faithful and committed to our marriage covenant through the beautiful times and the heartbreaking times.

Through the years, via various circumstances personally and professionally, my wife and I have observed broken homes.  We have seen children who were missing the privilege of having two parents with a stable marriage. Children who's parents were not invested in their emotional, spiritual, or educational development. And, children who did not know where their next meal was coming from, right here in our own city.

I am blessed and I praise God for giving me a wife who gave me two handsome, sweet, brilliant little boys whom I am so proud to call my own.  She loves them wholeheartedly and works very hard and self-sacrificially to provide for all of their needs.  I give her most of the credit for their good looks and ALL the credit for their moments of insanity :-)

I could not imagine life without her when I married her and I don't ever want to imagine life without her...EVER!  She is my best friend, my helpmate, and the mother of my children and I am proud to call her my own.

I LOVE YOU, BABY GIRL!

HAPPY 40TH OVER THE HILL BIRTHDAY!


:-)

Your adoring hubby,

Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment